Monday, December 29, 2008

Still in MA

We are a little over a month away from leaving home, our friends and family, jobs. It is intriguing to think of being on the water for 7 months. We are doing this because Roger and I are realizing we have probably a good 20 or so years left and it is time to take time and assess what we want the next two or so decades to look like. 

Karmela B is waiting for us in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. Getting foam mattress pads for the beds and all newly covered cushions. Our Lagoon 38S catamaran looks like the little engine that could-benign and ready to work hard. She's a great boat. 

Getting modes of communication in place is necessary. I want to be able to talk to our family and friends. I wonder where we'll go. I wonder who'll visit us. I wonder what we'll learn about ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. We battled it out today as to whether or not we should spend $200.00 to ship 60 pounds of boat stuff to Sunbay marina in Fajardo,Puerto Rico. I won. I say, why schlep? He says, why not? I won, gracias a dios. We're actually starting to pack and ship. Already friends have booked time with us. We are so pleased. In 29 days we will begin this adventure. I do hope our money lasts.

    ReplyDelete