Monday, February 23, 2009

St Croix to Virgin Gorda

Rog and I headed out from St Croix Friday at about 8:00 AM and had a one tack sail all the way to Virgin Gorda. we had the added treat of a pod of about 14 dolphins swimming along with us for over 5 minutes. We couldn't believe it. By 3:00pm we moored off of Spanish Town in Virgin Gorda where we looked out at very big cruse ships, motor and sail. The Stanzlers and Ellen and Ben joined us for the afternoon and then had us for dinner at Little Dix. We loved having friends aboard and Little Dix was simple and elegant with a spectacular setting.
Psychologically, it's been  wild and crazy, for me anyway. The captain can speak for himself.  I have found myself worried about whether I'm having enough fun, whether I have enough to do, whether I can entertain myself, whether I can handle being so aquatically dependent, whether we can afford this. Today I feel happy and settled and feel like this angst is all about being insecure about a life change (albeit time limited) and just going with it and figuring out how to manage all these issues. Finally, Roger and I can do whatever  we want, and will. It's a big adjustment, all of a sudden having no schedule and a completely different lifestyle. So, next, John and Helen arrive on Saturday and we're going to figure out how to have the boat scraped, painted and waxed. Karmela needs constant grooming...All is well, continually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment